Sunday, June 8, 2008

Losing Weight For Life

If you are newly arrived here at My Free Weight Loss Program than let me tell you a little about me.

I set up this slimming plan as a way to encourage myself to lose the weight I had put on with a sloppy diet and inactivity. I didn't have too many pounds to lose, but I knew that if I shared my diet and exercise plan online for anyone to see, then I would have to stick with it. And it worked. I have lost my excess fat. Admittedly I still have a way to go before I have a completely flat stomach, but I'm getting there too.

Nevertheless, I decided to keep My Free Weightloss Program going, because I have a load more dieting and exercising tips and tricks to share with you and the first one concerns:

Losing Weight For Life

Just think about it a moment. You have probably arrived here because you want to lose weight and you want to do it for free. You don't want to spend money on an expensive diet and exercise program, but you still want to lost weight and then stay slim and fit. Because once you lose weight, you never want to be fat again.

I would suggest that there are ways you can lose weight without having to spend out on expensive diet food or employing a keep fit coach or investing in gym membership.

It's simply about making small but effective changes to your lifestyle.

Here are a few things you can do to begin that slimming plan:

1. Cut out the sugar in your coffee (either with sweeteners or just cut it out)

2. Drink skimmed or semi-skimmed milk rather than full fat.

3. If you like cheese (which is high in calories) and don't want to cut it out, either buy packs of slim 'sandwich cheese' or packs of Edam or Gouda - both are much lower in calories than most other cheeses. You could also go for the 'low fat' alternative... but that's up to you.

4. Use low fat spread or no spread at all on sandwiches (you often don't need it).

5. Eat white meat rather than red meat (white is much lower in fat) and have a smaller portion.

6. If you must drink sodas, drink the diet alternative. Neither are great for your health, but at least with the no calorie ones you won't be adding to your weight.

7. Cut down on alchohol, but when you do have a drink keep to half pints and drink lagers, rather than heavy beers, and drink them slowly - they have to last or you will not lose weight!

8. Spirits are lower in calories than beer or wine, especially if you top them up with low calorie lemonada or diet coke, but again, make them last!

9. If you cannot do without something sweet then consider eating a small ice cream instead of a chocolate bar (ice lollies are even lower in calories, especially if you make them yourself with low calorie squash). But again, do this in moderation - one a day should be adequate to fulfill any sugar cravings you have while dieting.

10. Eat 'little and often' rather than having three meals a day. It will boost your metabolism so that you lose weight faster and also stop you wanting to snack between meals.

11. Only eat when you are hungry and even then ask yourself "Am I really hungry, or is this something else?" It could be that you just need a break in the fresh air or just a walk to stretch your legs. Tiredness can also make you feel hungry, so check all these things out before you eat. This is one way you can lose pounds and keep slim very easily.

And to help that weight loss along and to get (and keep) your body toned and slim, you need to:

1. Walk rather than drive.

2. Walk fast, don't dawdle.

3. Be the one who jumps up to answer the door or the telephone.

4. Be the one who exercises the dog.

5. Put on your favourite CD and dance to it!

6. In fact, in order to be fit and slim you need to move quickly not slowly and be a mover rather than a couch potato.

It also helps to have a weight loss goal. And here I don't mean things like sticking 'slim stickers' on your fridge or buying a dress for the 'new slimmer you'. These things will only upset you if you think that your weight loss plan is not moving along quickly enough.

What I mean are things like working towards being able to run for the bus without puffing, climbing loads of stairs without stopping to catch your breath. Little things like this when they are achieved will show you just how far you have got in your slimming and keep fit plan and will give you the enthusiasm to try out some more.

You will need to quicken up the way you move so that you use up more calories and it certainly helps to do some form of exercise. But do something you like. Losing weight and toning up doesn't have to be a chore. It should be an enjoyable part of your life.

That way, you will get slim and stay slim for life.

More soon from My Free Weight Loss Program

No comments: