Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Free Weight Loss Program - Move Quick Lose Weight Fast

Have you ever looked at someone slim and wondered how they managed to stay that way while eating loads? The answer seems to be that the people who do not have to diet and exercise as much as the rest of us do everything fast. This is going to be one of the keys to My Free Weight Loss Program: keep fit and lose weight by being a speedy person.

My sister has always been slim. She eats more than me, but never has to watch her weight. I have watched her and have come to this conclusion: she is a thin person because she is always in a rush. Don't get me wrong, she isn't always late (that could often be me I'm afraid). It is more that she always finds extra things to do and she does them at speed. She doesn't need to exercise to burn calories, she has a hard time eating enough calories to keep her healthy with all that energy she is burning constantly.

So the first item on my list at My Free Weight Loss Program is to use my sister's way of dealing with life - with more energy and fast!

Let's think about ways to do this for a moment. When I am working on my pc, my husband (another thin person) will often get up and make me a coffee 'to keep me going'. He knows that I lose energy when I write and thinks this is the answer (of course, it isn't). But he is the one getting the exercise, not me, and he is slim as a result. If I just got up and made that drink myself, I would be doing my body much more good. I would be stretching my muscles, keeping my circulation healthy and I would be burning up a few extra calories - not many I'll admit, but more than remaining seated at the pc getting fat.

I remember some time ago I looked at this idea about losing weight and keeping the weight off and tried to devise ways to keep fit doing the housework. I used to do things like leaving ironing upstairs until I needed it, so that I would have to climb the stairs and use up the extra calories getting it. I did rather strange things like putting pots and pans in cupboards out of reach of the kitchen sink, so that I would have to step a few places more to put them away, and carrying plates into the dining room one at a time so that I would get more walking exercise. Silly little things, I know, but they helped me burn a few extra calories and helped to keep the weight off.

One of the things I always used to do until recently was to make my own drinks and I would be the first to jump up at a tv break to get things for others. I was also the one who answered the door or ran to answer the telephone. These little things all add up to using more calories and keeping the weight off.

I haven't been doing any of these things lately and the weight has piled on and the muscles are flabby as a result. I need to get more active and get healthy in the process.

I have two children. One is like my husband, a 'naturally slim' person. She is also very energetic. It is hard to get her to sit down to do her homework. In fact, it is hard to get her to keep still at any time. She is so energetic. She wants to go outside and play or run about. She does everything quickly and of course she is getting exercise as a result.

My other daughter is a bookworm. She likes nothing better than sitting down and reading or watching tv. Basically, she prefers sitting down to doing any exercise. She moves slowly, while her elder sister moves quickly. As a result, although she eats less than her elder sister and eats a healthy diet, she is a little on the chubby side. Not much, but she could have problems when she is older unless she raises her metabolic rate by speeding up a little.

I am proud of both my children. One gets good marks for schoolwork, the other excels at sports and all forms of physical exercise. But I know which one of them will probably have health problems and could need to lose weight later on. Maybe I should get her moving about more too? I'll have to be very subtle in my approach though. One hint of dieting and exercise and I will get the cold shoulder (and incidentally, I do not believe in encouraging children to diet anyway - just be healthy). But it would be nice if we could work together on my free weight loss program.

It's definitely worth a shot.

No comments: