Sunday, May 4, 2008

Beginning My Free Weight Loss Program

I said my weight loss program was going to be free. So how do I intend to do that?

First of all, let me tell you a little about myself. I'm a woman in her thirties who has always struggled with her weight. I have followed many dieting programs over the years and have tried numerous exercise techniques. I like to get slim and keep slim, and I have studied nutrition and healthy eating as well as gaining qualifications in aerobics so that I can show others how to keep fit.

You could say I should be fit and healthy, but sometimes life gets in the way.

Most of the work I do nowadays is on the internet and, as we all know, this can make you very unhealthy. Sitting at a desk for hours on end can make you fat and flabby. I'm beginning to feel that way at the moment. So it's time to take action and lose the excess fat and do real healthy exercise.

But I do not want to spend money at all if I can help it. There are so many ways you can lose weight without spending your hard earned cash. I'll admit that sometimes, if you have the spare bucks, it can help if you get a dieting or keep fit expert to help you, especially if you want to lose weight fast and get trim and sleek as the result, but that's not what My Free Weight Loss Program is all about. I want to do it myself at no cost.

The only catch is... I want your help!

So here is my plan:

1. I will scour my notes, the internet, magazines and newpapers for articles on dieting and tips on getting slim and staying slim. I want to do this because I think it is important to keep up to date with the latest news about diet and health and I want to ensure that my nutrition and aerobics training notes are still useable today.

2. I will test out my exercise techniques to see if any in particular are best for losing weight fast. My training was about long term exercise programs, but at this point in time I want the pounds to fall off rapidly and for me to emerge slim and toned (fingers crossed!).

3. Out of all this, I will find a diet and exercise program that works and promise to stick to it.

4. I will exercise every day in a way which works out my metabolism and gets the weight moving. I will start at an easy pace (as I haven't exercised properly for a while) and move it up until the pounds begin to drop off and my muscles are toned again.

5. I will try to find ways to keep me on my weight loss program. Free ways which work for me. Perhaps some form of motivation would help? (That's where you come in by the way :) )

6. If I find a particular recipe or food which helps me diet, I will post information about that too. But have to warn you now, that I do not like cooking, so it will have to be easy and quick!

7. I will post my findings. How much weight I have lost in the past week and the diet and exercise program I am using, partly for my notes and partly so that you can follow if you are interested.

8. And the main thing is, although I want to lose weight fast, I want to do all this for free.

Will I make it? Yes, I think I will ... with your help, so please post your comments here and encourage me in my weight loss goal. I really would appreciate it. And when I see this post which lays out my free weight loss program in detail, it should help me stick to it too.

So, as I said in my short introduction, wish me luck!

No comments: