Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Free Weight Loss Program is Working

Well, I've started my slimming by eating healthy and exercising plan again after taking a break when I felt run down. Over the last few days, I have been taking daily walks with our dogs in the mountains near my home. I am feeling fitter and slimmer. The exercise is helping my free weight loss program a lot.

I am back on watching the calories. When I was feeling a little tired, I still ate a healthy diet, but I didn't watch my calorie intake and, with not doing much exercise at that time, I didn't lose any weight. But at least I didn't put any weight on.

Now, a few days back into the exercise plan, my legs are much more toned from all the walking (plus the dance to keep fit exercises I do regularly). The first day I started power walking again, my legs ached a little - my muscles had got out of the habit - but now they are okay.

My jeans feel much looser around my bum too, which is a good sign that I have lost weight as well as toning my muscles.

Eating more healthily and getting exercise in the fresh air and sunshine seems to be good for my skin as well as for getting to a slimmer, fitter me and of course I am getting a nice tan.

All in all, I am looking and feeling slimmer, fitter and more toned.

So how much weight have I actually lost?

Another 2 pounds. So I have lost about 5 or 6 pounds of body fat since I began my free weight loss program. In the grand scheme of things I guess this is not a lot, but I didn't have that much weight to lose - about 10 to 12 pounds at most, so I am half way there. A lot of my problem was having a flabby body and the exercise has helped a lot here as well.

When you think about it, I have probably lost more actual body fat than shows on the scales, because my muscles are stronger now and they may weigh heavier. And if that's true, as I know it should be, then they will begin to burn more calories, so I'll lose more body fat as long as I keep exercising. All good news.

The one thing I do now need to concentrate on, now my weight loss program is well under way, is toning up my flabby tummy.

A while ago, I had an operation which left me with flabby muscles on my stomach, which before that had always been flat.

Getting rid of my belly fat is going to be the hardest part of my slimming and exercise plan. It will take specific exercises to ever get anywhere near having my flat stomach back again. And I will have to be very careful what exercises I do as this can affect my body badly if I choose the wrong exercise routine (stomach crunches are out for one thing), but I do know a few tummy toning exercises which will work and I'll share these with you next time, after I have tried them out again myself.

That's the problem. All the weight loss in the world will not help me get a flat tummy unless I concentrate my exercise on this specific problem as I keep on with the slimming plan.

So that's the next part of my free weight loss program - the flab around my stomach has to go!

And that is not going to be that easy, so please wish me luck!

No comments: